Welcome to the Merrimack Youth Association soccer program!
MYA soccer is open to all youths in the town, but it can also be fun for parents as well. We are an all-volunteer organization. Most of the coaches, coordinators and board members are parents of current MYA soccer players.
Why let some other kid's dad or mom have all the fun? The more volunteers we have, the better our program will be for everyone. Sign up now to volunteer, and help Merrimack's kids have the best possible soccer experience we can provide.
Positive Soccer Parenting
As parents, we have a responsibility to our children to make sure they enjoy and get the most out of youth sports. The US Youth Soccer web site has some great articles on positive sports parenting. All the articles can be found here:
I will set a good example to my child in his/her soccer development by adhering to the following:
1. I understand that the referees control the game, in keeping with MYASP, state, national and FIFA soccer policies.
2. I will not criticize the referees openly or directly, during or after games. Any complaints relating to referee actions or decisions are to be brought in writing to the MYA soccer board director at www.myasoccer.com/board_members.
3. I will only give positive feedback to players, on either team.
4. I will cheer at all games within the spirit of fair play, and will do my best to cheer the effort regardless of the outcome.
5. I shall leave the coaching to the coach during the games. I shall do my best not to give my child instructions during the game.
6. I will show respect for the coaches who have volunteered their time to coach my child’s team. If I disagree with a coach’s decision or methods, I will discuss the issue with the coach directly, at a time that does not interrupt a game or practice.
7. I understand that improper behavior at a game may result in a parent being asked to leave the field by the referee or an MYA official.
1. I will help to teach my child the value of teamwork by emphasizing the importance of attending practices, listening to the coach and supporting teammates regardless of their skill level.I shall support the learning effort of the players, the coaches and the referees by demonstrating my patience.
2. I will remember that the MYA is an all-volunteer organization. I will try to find time in my schedule to help my child’s team or the league in whatever meaningful way I can. I agree to try to have as much fun watching the game as the players should have playing the game.